Sometimes, you even want to know as soon as possible when a package has been replicated!
This has been useful when a new office is being build far away, and I want to inform the fields technicians on site when they'll be allowed to push out software.
Therefore, I present the "PackageStatusDetailSummarizer" gadget for Windows 7 Sidebar!
It's like the "Package Status" view in the "Configuration Manager Console", just neater in a gadget :-)
- "Software Updates" gadget of the Configuration Manager SDK Samples
- The WMI class SMS_PackageStatusDetailSummarizer from the SMS SDK
- Windows Sidebar
- Windows Sidebar Object Reference
To install in Windows 7:
- drop the folder "PackageStatusDetailSummarizer.Gadget" in %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar
- right click on your desktop, choose "Gadgets", you should see it in the list
- Be careful with the refresh interval in the options, if you set it to low you can hurt your site's performance.
If you want to customize it,just close the gadget and edit the files in the folder you have copied (see the "Windows Sidebar" link)
The possibilites are endless : check the deployment of packages,advertisements, software updates, site health etc..